I’m still astounded that the three contestants on Jeopardy the other night didn’t recognize Vin Scully. I played the “see if you can identify the picture” game with my wife who is not a sports fan.
- Vin Scully no she couldn’t identify him either
- Ted Williams no. I showed my wife the young Ted Williams picture. She said if I showed an old Ted Williams picture she would’ve been able to identify him.
- Derk Jeter. Yes, but only after I mentioned his initials
- Babe Ruth. Yes.
- Mickey Mantle. Yes, but only after I mentioned his initials.
- David Ortiz. Yes, but identified him as “Big Papi”. Couldn’t come up with David Ortiz.
- Tom Brady. Yes.
Now we will see if we can identify Opera stars.