COLCHESTER, Vt. – The Saint Michael’s College men’s ice hockey program will have all 12 of its regular-season home contests professionally webcast by the Northeast Sports Network (NSN) this winter. This marks the fourth season in which NSN broadcasts Saint Michael’s men’s ice hockey contests from Cairns Arena in South Burlington, and the second in which all home games will be covered. NSN will provide live, free audio and video of the games through its website, NSNSports.net, while also providing the professional on-air talent.
The Purple and Gold kicks off its home slate this weekend by hosting New England College on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saint Anselm College on Saturday at4 p.m., with the latter a rematch of last year’s Northeast-10 Conference Championship title game. Three of the Purple Knights’ foes were ranked in both Division III national polls this week, as Norwich University visits Cairns Arena on Nov. 9 before the University of Massachusetts at Boston and Babson College come to town during the weekend of Feb. 5-6.
NSN, which webcasts college and high school events throughout the state while working with such institutions as Norwich, Castleton University, Lyndon State College, Middlebury College and the University of Vermont, was founded in 2006 with the intent to provide local athletes the same coverage as that provided to top collegiate and professional athletes. Among the on-air broadcasters NSN utilizes are long-time local baseball and ice hockey broadcasters Bruce Bosley, George Commo and Jack Healey.
- Friday, Nov. 13 vs. New England College, 7 p.m.*
- Saturday, Nov. 14 vs. Saint Anselm, 4 p.m.*^
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 vs. Stonehill, 7 p.m.^
- Friday, Nov. 20 vs. Castleton, 7 p.m.*
- Saturday, Nov. 21 vs. Skidmore, 4 p.m.*
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 vs. Franklin Pierce, 7 p.m.*
- Wednesday, Dec. 9 vs. Norwich, 6 p.m.*
- Friday, Jan. 15 vs. Southern Maine, 7 p.m.*
- Saturday, Jan. 16 vs. University of New England, 4 p.m.*
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 vs. Daniel Webster, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 5 vs. UMass Boston, 7 p.m.*
- Saturday, Feb. 6 vs. Babson, 4 p.m.*
* NEHC Game
^ NE-10 Game