It was about the defense! The Denver defense! They were great and the Patriots defense was great too!
A few thoughts:
- I thought the Patriots would win the game, but it did worry me that the game was in Denver. History shows that the team that gets the home field in the Manning-Brady duels wins! As the Beatles once said: “I Should’ve Known Better!”
- Failure to get wins in the Philly, Jets or Miami games eventually cost the Pats! The regular season Denver game too for that matter!
- I don’t think Bill Belichick exactly covered himself in glory over the last part of the season. Questionable decisions in the games we mentioned above plus the game yesterday are too numerous to mention here. I think he outsmarted himself this year!
- The Pats offensive line was terrible, but the Denver defense had a lot to do with it of course.
- I knew the Patriots would be chasing that missed extra point all game long.
- I know the Super Bowl is in two weeks and I know you have to play the game, but I don’t see Denver beating Carolina. I don’t think the Patriots could’ve beaten them either for that matter. I think yesterday’s winner was only postponing the inevitable!